Becoming A Prescriber
We know talking to patients about physical activity can be challenging – lack of time, confidence or competing priorities can get in the way. Let Prescription To Get Active be the simple way to start the conversation.
This prescription not only acts as a tool for healthcare teams, but empowers patients to get active by providing them with resources and access to community recreation.
Be sure to read the How to become a member document before applying.
Watch this 3-minute video to learn more about how the program works.
Who can prescribe?
Prescribers are members who write prescriptions directly to patients. These consist of doctors and members of their healthcare team such as nurses, behavioural counsellors, pharmacists, exercise specialists and many more.
Although we encourage all healthcare professionals to become physical activity advocates, Prescription To Get Active prescribers are required to be in a clinical or counselling setting and must be directly affiliated with a doctor.
Members would not include healthcare professionals with a private business or organization. For example, a private physiotherapy, chiropractic, psychology clinic or community pharmacist that does not have an affiliation with a family doctor would not be included as a prescriber.
Our Healthcare Members
- Alberta Heartland PCN
- Big Country PCN
- Calgary Foothills PCN
- Calgary Mosaic PCN
- Calgary South PCN
- Calgary West Central PCN
- Camrose PCN
- Chinook PCN
- Drayton Valley PCN
- Edmonton Bone and Joint Clinic
- Edmonton North PCN
- Edmonton Oliver PCN
- Edmonton Southside PCN
- Edmonton West PCN
- GF MacDonald Centre for Lung Health
- Highland PCN
- Kalyna Country PCN
- Lakeland PCN
- Leduc Beaumont Devon PCN
- Lloydminster PCN
- Northern Alberta Cardiac Rehab Program
- Peaks to Prairies PCN
- Red Deer PCN
- Rocky Mountain House PCN
- Seton Family Healthcare
- Sherwood Park Strathcona County PCN
- St. Albert Sturgeon PCN
- Taber Addiction and Mental Health – Alberta Health Services
- University of Alberta – Division of Rheumatology
- WestView PCN
- Wetaskiwin PCN
- Wolf Creek PCN
- Alliance Family Health Organization
- Ashley Faye White Medicine
- Copper Creek Family Physicians
- Core Family Health Centre
- Dr. Jennifer Bonnett
- Dr. Karen Fleming
- Dr. Neil Levitsky
- Dr. Poon Medical Clinic
- Elmwood Family Health Centre
- Forest Hill Family Health Centre
- Health For All Family Health Team
- Ingersoll Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
- Lakehead Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic
- London Lambeth Medical Clinic
- Markham FHT
- North Markham Medical Centre
- OakMed Family Health Team
- Stouffville Medical Centre
- Tillsonburg Family Physicians
- West Durham Family Health Team
Ready to make a difference in your community?